Monday, January 23, 2012

giving self-time

6:14 AM // Day 13
Meditation Time: 29min. 

  There are millions of ways to approach meditation. Okay, maybe not millions, but definitely lots. I've tried several handfuls of these ways over the years and I can safely say "lots" of them work really effectively. Mantra repetition, conscious breathing techniques, visualization, imaginiZation, thought watching, counting, chanting and yoga can all be used as ways to enter the space of nothing/somethingness. But since rejuvenating my daily practice recently, I haven't given a second thought to using any one of these techniques.

  They DO work! And I know my experience would be enhanced if I applied them. But right now I find myself celebrating the pure act of getting out of bed, lighting a candle - sometimes a little incense, sitting in a leg pretzel/back straight position and closing my eyes. That's all I've been ready to ask of myself so far. It's been just right, and I've been committed to it everyday since I said I would, and my life is really changing because of it. But this morning I did think I might be ready to introduce a little more structure... I may be ready to go deeper. If not that, at least sit up a little straighter.

  Stay tuned...

When you goof up drawing meditation legs, it's easy to turn them into a heart mountain with a flower growing out...

Rewind to Day 12
Fast Forward to Day 14 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment